Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pardon me, but you could use it...

I intend on posting music that I'm currently discovering and enjoying. The title of this blog comes from Van Dyke Parks' cover of Allen Toussaint's "Occapella" from Parks' 1972 album Discover America, which will be the first album I'll highlight. The song celebrates music for music's sake, which is basically all I'm aiming for here.

I won't be uploading files, only posting links to other music blogs that have uploaded the albums. I'm not checking their links to monitor availability or quality; please contact the original uploaders with any concerns. Also, it should be said: support the artists you love by actually buying their music.

I also won't be writing about the music, as that has been done better by other people. I'll post the blurb from All Music or some other source.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment