Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trees - Sleep Convention

Taken from Ian at Zamboni Soundtracks.

A one-man synth army from San Diego, California, Dane Conover (here dubbed Trees) offers a wonderful collection of modern musical ideas and clever tunes that efficiently combine up-to-date electronics with old-fashioned rock instruments, tossing in inventive production and intelligent, provocative lyrics. Sleep Convention is a stunning debut which shows remarkable originality and talent. That this record died the commercial death is not just incomprehensible, it's criminal.

(Trees - Sleep Convention)

2 comments:

  1. Haha I saw that!

    Seriously though, I just said that stuff to get a rise. I dig ya, I just got fed up with people shitting on the dead I guess I just focused that on you. A pet peeve I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By which I mean I'm sorry, I apologize. Don't you hate non-apologies like that?

    ReplyDelete