Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gruff Rhys - Shampoo Hotel

Gruff Rhys is better known as the lead singer of Super Furry Animals, but I came to know him through his first solo album, 2005's Yr Atal Genhedlaeth, which is still one of my favorite albums of the 2000s. I love singing along, even though, perhaps especially because, it's sung in his native Welsh. A few years ago he had Candylion, an English-sung album which I thought was a bit too pink candy, too sweet and saccharine, too junior-high mixtape. He sticks with English for Shampoo Hotel but I'm liking the songs a bit more this time around.

The opening track samples Cyrkle's "It Doesn't Matter Anymore," penned by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, which reminds me I need to explore some B. B.

Let's trace the song...







No comments:

Post a Comment